Smith's 2-Stone Sharpening Kit includes a 5" Medium Stone used to set the edge on your knife or tool, and a 4" Fine Arkansas Stone used to put the final polished edge on your knife or tool. The Medium Stone comes mounted on a sturdy molded plastic base that features a built-in stone storage area in the bottom for the Fine Arkansas Stone. A bottle of Premium Honing Solution and a sharpening angle guide are also included
- 5" Block Mounted Medium Stone to Set your Edge
- 4" Fine Arkansas Stone to Finish your Edge
- Premium Honing Solution Cleans and Protects the Sharpening Surface
- Sharpening Angle Guide for the Correct Angle Every Time
- Stone Size / Stone Grade:
- 5" x 1 5/8" x 3/8" / Medium
- 4" x 1" x 3/8" / Fine Arkansas
- Put a small amount of Smith's Honing Solution on your stone.
- Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
- Push the blade away from you just like you were trying to cut a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure, let the stone do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke 3 or
- 4 times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
- Sharpen the other side of the blade by placing your blade across the opposite end of your stone and repeat previous steps, this time pushing the blade toward you.
- Continue these steps until you feel your blade is truly sharp.
Care: Cleaning your stones will keep the pores free of stone and metal particles. After each use, the Arkansas stones should be cleaned by scrubbing vigorously with water, liquid soap, and a stiff nylon brush.