We are proud to present, from the Musashi (Gold) Collection, a hand forged samurai sword by master sword smith Alex Zheng.
Alex Zheng is one of the top master sword smiths in China and has been bestowed the title of “Master of Art” from his peers. With over 30 years of sword forging experience and numerous awards Zheng’s swords have been sought after by affluent collectors, high ranking state and military officials as well as museums. A frequent contributor to the China Military weekly magazine, his thesis and techniques has helped improve and enchance other sword smiths’ abilities. The respect Alex Zheng has among his peers is unrivaled.
- 41 1/4″ overall
- T10 carbon steel + 65 MN steel traditional hand forged
- Forged using the Muku-Kitae method
- 408 layers of Damascus steel
- Fire patterned blade and water tempered
- The edge hardness is 55HRC
- Real ray skin with silk cord wrapped handle & two mekugi fixed
- Copper tsuba and fittings
- Lacquered piano black finish scabbard
- Buffalo horn scabbard mouth and end cap
- Includes brocade sword bag, sword maintenance kit and deluxe gift box